Bay Area Music Teachers Association
The Bay Area Music Teachers Association (formerly known as Music Teachers Association of Bay County) was founded in 1964. It is an organization of independent piano, vocal and instrumental teachers. The objectives of the Association are to provide professional development for its members, apportunities for musical growth of students, and promotion of music appreciation in the area served by our organization.
The Bay Area is centered in Bay City, Michigan, and includes members who live to the North in East Tawas and Gladwin, to the East into the Thumb, to the South to Saginaw, and surrounding areas.
BAMTA provides the following:
- Monthly meetings with stimulating programs, workshops, and social events.
- A chance to share friendship and ideas with other committed teachers.
- Journals and newsletters from Music Teachers National Association and Michigan Music Teachers Association.
- Local student events, including Student Achievement Testing , National Guild Auditions , Student recitals, Ensemble Festival, and Esther Rosekrans Scholarship Competition.
- State and National Certification programs, State and National Conferences and Workshops; State and National performance and composition contests; Group Insurance Programs.